You’re into your first week toward NEW beliefs, behaviours and life changes in a particular area of your life. Well DONE!
One of the biggest enemies of moving an area of your life from where it is, to where you want it to be is lack of consistency. So moving into week 2 of the 50 Day Change Challenge, you’re going to need to plan ahead toward reaching your goals.
It’s important to break your goal down into manageable bite sizes so that from week to week you know exactly what you need to be working on and how you’re going to accomplish it. You have to breakdown how you are going to keep up with following the programme from week to week until it moves from being a programme to a way of life.
Look back at your first week and identify and record the things you did that resulted in great results and make a deliberate effort to keep them going. This is where you start to build consistency and form the right habits. Take the changes that worked into week 2 and ditch the ones that caused you to go back into the old ways.
Change is hard work! There’s no quick fix to growth and success. But with discipline and consistency you can begin to form some really positive life patterns that will yield success.
So there are a few things you’re going to have to work on to start this week…
- Write down in a visible place the goals you have for this week and what you want the end of your week to look like?
- What are the key things you need to put in place to achieve them?
- Out of all of the goals you wrote down, which are the ones that will yield the best results and make you feel more accomplished?
- What do you see as some of the hindrances or barriers to your success this week? i.e. time, finance, people resource, support etc.
- What are some of the practical ways you can overcome some of these hindrances/barriers?
- Are you going to need help and have you identified and informed those persons that you’re going to be calling on them for some moral support?
This is the week to make your list but this time you’re going to have to check it much more than twice!
Have a great week and again thanks for taking this change journey. Don’t forget to leave me a message to let me know how this is helping you.
See you tomorrow!